Monday, October 15, 2007

Spencer Wiggins - Old Friend (You Asked Me If I Miss Her) (Goldwax 312)


Old Friend

Here's the incredible A side of our Spencer Wiggins post. I couldn't resist putting it up for you, as it's one of my favorite Goldwax sides. What a voice this man has! Check out Reggie Young on here, man... is he great or what? This is one of the best George Jackson compositions out there, in my opinion.

Here's an interesting question for you... if you check the BMI Database, you'll find that George co-wrote this song with someone named Jimmy Webb. Jimmy Webb? Like Up, Up & Away, By The Time I Get To Phoenix Jimmy Webb?? Further inspection reveals that, no, it's not that Jimmy Webb...

Well, then, who was he?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

big thank to you
for your help to discover this gems

DD

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home