Monday, December 29, 2008

Benny Gordon - Gonna Give Her All The Love I Got (Wand 1188)

Gonna Give Her All The Love I Got

BENNY GORDON 1932-2008

As the best working R&B band in New York (ranked #1 by the Daily News throughout the sixties, Benny told me), The Soul Brothers influenced other up and coming outfits (like The Young Rascals) as the house band at Trudi Heller's fabled club in Greenwich Village.

This smoking version of Jimmy Ruffin's 1967 hit, blows the original right out of the water, in my opinion. According to Benny, that's King Curtis leading the horn section.

Play it loud, folks.

Fare thee well, my friend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Tammy said...

This is Benny Gordon's baby girl. My dad enjoyed performing and making people happy. If he wasn't singing he was making barbeque "something". I can remember when my dad would come home with all of my big brothers from the Soul Brothers but to me it was just Muscle, Kerry, TC, SO-SO and Big John and I was little Benny/the girl version. We are so blessed to still have contact with most of the guys. I also was surprised to find out that my Uncle Sunny and Uncle Kia were not just my uncles for as long as I could remember but they were apart of the Brightley Beam team. "I am learning so much about my dad that I am in awe of it all."

1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tammy
I had the pleasure of working with your Dad at Trude Hellers from 1966-1968.My band was called The Scoundrels and we would share the stage,40 minutes at a time . He was a truly nice man and an outstanding entertainer!! I'm proud to say I knew him and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.
Harry Boyle

4:53 PM  
Anonymous gordonjan said...

Janice Gordon
Benny Gordon's oldest daughter:
I appreciate your comment Mr. Boyle. I would love to correspond wiht you about the days at Trude Heller. If you would contact me, I would be honored.
If anyone else that worked with my father in the entertainment world would contact me, I would love to hear from you. Email: gordonjan1327@aol.com

Thanking you in advance.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home